Notice is hereby given that Taan Forest is submitting a Forest Stewardship Plan for TFL 60 and FLC A87661 (The Haida Tenure).
The Forest Development Unit “A” outlined in the plan is located within areas designated on Haida Gwaii for Forest Management outside of protected areas.
This Forest Stewardship Plan conforms and complies with applicable Higher Level Plans including the Haida Gwaii Land Use Objectives Order, the Forest and Range Practices Act and the associated regulatory framework.
In accordance with Section 20 of the Forest Planning and Practices Regulation, notice is hereby given to all stake holders. Your input to this Forest Stewardship Plan is requested so that any concerns or comments can be addressed within the Forest Stewardship Plan prior to approval.
The Forest Stewardship Plan is available for review and comment at
- Taan Forest website www.taanforest.com
- Taan Forest’s office in Skidegate. Unit #3 Commercial Centre 848 Highway 16 Skidegate BC
- Haico’s Office in Old Massett. 415 Frog Street (Old Haida Rose Café location)
- Haida Gwaii MFLNRO office in Queen Charlotte
- Copies will also be provided to the Village Council Offices on Haida Gwaii
The review and comment period shall commence May 31, 2017 and lasts for a period of 60 days. Comments regarding this plan are welcome and must be received by August 1, 2017.
Comments should be submitted to:
Jeff Mosher, RPF, Taan Forest. P.O. Box 1384, Unit #3, Commercial Centre, 848 Highway 16, Skidegate, Haida Gwaii. V0T 1S1
By e-mail: 2017FSP@Taanforest.com
By Phone: 250-559-2337