General Inquiries
CHN HlGaagilda Skidegate
Box 98 Queen Charlotte
Haida Gwaii V0T 1S0
p. 1.877.559.4468 or 250.559.4468
f. 250.559.8951

CHN Gaw Tlagee Old Massett
Reception 504 Naanii Street Old Massett
Box 589 Masset
Haida Gwaii V0T 1M0
f. 250.626.3403 or 1.888.638.7778

Secretariat of the Haida Nation
504 Naanii Street Old Massett
PO Box 589, Masset
Haida Gwaii V0T 1M0
p. 1.888.638.7778 or 250.626.5252
f. 250.626.3403
Hereditary Chiefs Council (HCC)
Old Massett Village Council (OMVC)
p. 250.626.3337
f. 250.626.5440
Skidegate Band Council (SBC)
p. 250.559.4496
f. 250.559.8247
Cultural questions and requests
Please contact Communications Executive Assistant <>
Research & film applications
All researchers conducting work in Haida Territories must have an approved application before starting work in a community or conducting interviews. Information cannot be collected before receiving a file number. 

A non-refundable application fee must be paid before your request is processed. Applications are reviewed once per month and can take 4-6 weeks to process. It is recommended that you submit your application with ample time for review and questions. Submissions are due on or before the last Friday of each month. If submitted afterwards, they will be reviewed in the next intake. 

Approval to proceed is not an endorsement of the project, and does not imply any type of partnership between the Council of the Haida Nation and applicant. It also does not grant access to any CHN records, archives, or data — this requires additional approval. 

Note: Additional applications may be required depending on the location and nature of your work. If you are conducting business within any Haida Heritage Sites or BC Parks, visit FrontCounterBC for applicable permits. If you plan to travel into Gwaii Haanas, contact the media relations team by email with the word MEDIA in the subject line <>

Download the Council of the Haida Nation’s appropriate application form, complete, and submit to Communications Executive Assistant. <