On June 30, Council of the Haida Nation announced that visitors are welcome to Haida Gwaii as of July 1, 2021, and are invited to sign the Haida Gwaii Pledge committing to being a respectful visitor.
After careful consideration and consultation, the Haida Nation will welcome visitors from BC and Canada to Haida Territories. View the press release here.
It is still crucial to follow all public health orders and COVID-19 safety practices.
When planning your trip, please remember:
- Check back on this website for the latest updates on local safety measures.
- Carry your own supply of masks, reusable or single use.
- Wash hands frequently and sanitize before and after entering public spaces.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home until it is safe for you to travel and consider getting a negative COVID-19 test before traveling.
- We request visitors to be fully vaccinated before arriving on Haida Gwaii.