Council of the Haida Nation
The CHN Protected Areas Department is looking for a Full-Time Seasonal – CFI Crew Trainee. We’re a department responsible for conducting and supervising cultural field surveys with relation to Haida Land Values with and for the Haida Nation. We are also responsible for Archaeology and Forest Ecology as it relates to Haida Culture, the Land Use Objectives Order, and Cultural Feature Identification Standards. The CFI Crew Trainee will learn to carry out surveys to assess for cultural features with training and under the guidance of more experienced crew.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the CFI Crew Trainee, you will assist with cultural field surveys, read field maps, plan survey routes, and map survey results; learn to effectively gather and enter data, ensuring quality control and reporting; maintain data collection and data log-in, report documentation and attend training as required. You will play an important part in ensuring SHN safety policies and OH&S safety requirements are met and being followed and will assist with getting the equipment prepared prior to the start of field work. You may also be assigned other duties as required by CFI Crew Leader, Operations Supervisor, or the Program Manager.
We want to hear from you if you:
- have a passion for forest resource management issues and geography of Haida Gwaii
- appreciate and have knowledge and understanding of Haida Laws, traditions, and values
- have a willingness to learn accurate field traversing and field survey work and reporting
- have a basic understanding of standard office practices and work experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and other related programs
In addition, you must:
- be medically and physically fit to assume the responsibilities of the position
- have OR be willing to obtain Wilderness Remote First Aid, ROC-M, MED-A3, SVOP, Bear Awareness, OFA Level 1 with Transportation Endorsement and OH&S Level 1
- have a valid B.C. driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you Send your cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY BY MAY 10 at 4:00pm, however this posting may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com