Council of the Haida Nation
The CHN Communications Department is looking for a Communications and Engagement Specialist to join our team. We’re a small department doing big work with and for the Haida Nation. We are responsible for planning, developing, and producing high quality communications for Haida citizens and citizens of Haida Gwaii. The Communications Department covers topical issues and supports the goals and objectives of the Haida Nation.
We’re looking for someone who has a strong set of community-based and professional experience. We want to hear from you if you:
- are intimately connected to Haida culture, history, and politics
- have a passion for language and you have experience working with and in Xaad and/or Xaayda kil
- are an active listener and have a pulse on Island issues and initiatives
- have significant experience in smart and effective communications and community engagement
- enjoy research, writing, curating, and producing digital and print media
- are actively engaged in Island governance and understand the values of good governance
- lead teams with a collaborative approach
- have strong project management and graphic design skills
- balance an eye for detail with broad and longer-term vision
- enjoy finding creative solutions and can be both flexible and focused
- are approachable with strong connections to all Haida Gwaii’s communities
Previous experience in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism is mandatory. Knowledge of Haida governance and issues specific to Indigenous peoples is also required. You will require a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like more information, or if this sounds like you, send your cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY BY APRIL 8 at 4:00pm, however this posting may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com