Council of the Haida Nation
The CHN Protected Areas Department is looking for a Full-Time Seasonal – CFI Crew Leader. We’re a department responsible for conducting and supervising cultural field surveys with relation to Haida Land Values with and for the Haida Nation. We are also responsible for Archaeology and Forest Ecology as it relates to Haida Culture, the Land Use Objectives Order, and Cultural Feature Identification Standards. The CFI Crew Leader supports the goals and objectives of the Haida Nation.
The CFI Crew Leader is responsible to conduct and supervise cultural field surveys, to supervise field crew, facilitate good productivity, read field maps, plan survey routes, and map survey results, effectively gather and enter data, ensuring quality control and reporting. Ensure SHN safety policies and OH&S safety requirements are met and being followed and confirm that the crew and equipment are prepared prior to the start of fieldwork.
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrated experience with cultural features identification on Haida Gwaii. We want to hear from you if you:
- Are certified in cultural features identification and a strong understanding of the forest resource management on Haida Gwaii;
- have a passion for forest resource management issues and geography of Haida Gwaii;
- appreciate and have knowledge and understanding of Haida Laws, traditions, and values;
- Are capable of accurate field traversing and field survey work and reporting;
- have a basic understanding of standard office practices and work experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and other related programs;
- are medically and physically fit to assume the responsibilities of the position;
- Have or be willing to obtain Wilderness Remote First Aid, ROC-M, MED-A3, SVOP, Bear Awareness, OFA Level 1 with Transportation Endorsement and OH&S Level 1;
- have a valid B.C. driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, send your cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY BY April 14 at 4:00pm, however this position may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com