Council of the Haida Nation
The CHN Stewardship Directorate is looking for a Fisheries Resource Reconciliation Implementation Manager to work with local partners and Haida citizens to develop a community based fishery management plan and permitting system under the Fisheries Resource Reconciliation Agreement. This position will also coordinate with research and monitoring activities, other management planning processes and support in season operational decision-making.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of existing fisheries management policies and facilitating projects, community engagement and outreach.
- Previous experience in government-to-government fisheries management processes in the region, ecosystem-based management and its application to resource and economic development in the marine environment with Indigenous organizations is mandatory.
- Understanding Haida values and governance, and you are familiar with governing documents, like the Constitution of the Haida Nation, Haida Accord, and the Haida Gwaii Land Use Vision
- Appreciate First Nations laws, rights and title issues, traditional ecological knowledge and importance of these to fisheries management with focus on Haida laws, traditions and values.establish strategic direction and create harmonized First Nations’ positions on fisheries management issues that require bioregional consistency.
- We’re looking for someone who has a Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries management, or a related discipline, and a minimum of five years’ experience in fisheries and resource management.
- A leader with a clear and collaborative approach having strong project management skills and management experience
- You will require a driver’s license and access to a vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Submit your cover letter and resume to the contact above by April 8 at 4:00pm. However, this posting may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com