Haida Child & Family Services Society
Position: Generalist Social Worker, full time
Location: Gaw Tlagee Old Massett
Wage: Grid level – as per Aboriginal Services Collective Agreement Application deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Haida Child and Family Services is a Delegated C3 agency. We offer programs which support and maintain families on a voluntary basis. The Generalist Social Worker will work closely with the Director of Practice to provide a variety of services to families, including advocacy, preventive services and referrals to appropriate resources to assist with the preservation of the family.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of Haida culture, history and the implications of colonization for indigenous children, youth, families and communities.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and leadership abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; or equivalent related degree with two years or more experience.
- All candidates must have a valid BC Driver’s License and possess their own vehicle which must be suitable to transport clients on occasion on Haida Gwaii.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively remotely.
- Be willing to, or already possess, C3 delegation.
- Must complete a Solicitor General criminal records check.
- “Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.”
Learn more about us at www.hcfss.bc.ca
Please submit your resume with cover letter and 3 professional references to: Karen Wainwright at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com