Council of the Haida Nation
The Council of the Haida Nation is looking for a Human Resources Manager. The HR department is doing transformational work with and for the Haida Nation. The HR Manager is responsible for leading the department and ensuring culturally appropriate policies and practices, and helps to foster a healthy workplace environment. The HR Manager supports the goals and objectives of the Haida Nation.
The HR Manager is responsible for developing and reviewing relevant policies, overseeing effective recruitment and retention policies, and supports staff and organizational development.
We’re looking for someone who has a strong set of analytical skills, demonstrates fairness, and can develop and oversee a collaborative culture across departments. We want to hear from you if you:
- are intimately connected to Haida culture, history, and politics
- understand Haida values and governance, and you are familiar with governing documents, like the Constitution of the Haida Nation, Haida Accord, and the Haida Gwaii Land Use Vision
- have a passion for people and effective workflows
- appreciate systems, policies, and processes
- are solutions-oriented
- lead teams with a clear and collaborative approach
- have strong problem-solving and communication skills
- are approachable with strong connections to all Haida Gwaii’s communities
Previous experience in HR, management, and Indigenous organizations is mandatory. Knowledge of Haida governance and issues specific to Indigenous peoples is also required. You will require a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like more information or if this sounds like you, send your cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY BY APRIL 8 at 4:00pm, however this posting may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org