Council of the Haida Nation
The Haida Nation is involved in several marine planning initiatives around Haida Gwaii: Marine Planning Partnership, SGaan Kinghlas-Bowie Seamount MPA, Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area Initiative, Marine Protected Area Network Planning for the Northern Shelf Bioregion, Gwaii Haanas, proposed Offshore Pacific Marine Protected Area, and several regional marine shipping and safety initiatives. The CHN Marine Planning Program provides technical support to each of these processes as required. The development and implementation of marine spatial planning products, including management plans, is a priority outcome for the Haida Nation.
Responsible for development and implementation of integrated marine plans for the waters of Haida Gwaii. Lead the Marine Planning team in protecting and exercising Haida Nation sovereignty over Marine environments in and around Haida Gwaii, while working within co-management agreements and other government to government opportunities.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct all staff and resources within the department putting strategy into operation
- Lead and mentor in a collaborative work environment
- Lead and model effective interaction with outside governments and agencies
- Provide advice and input on existing, and emerging issues within the Marine environment
- Perform all management functions including budgeting and financial compliance
- Experience managing in a resource environment providing strategic direction and project management
- Significant and proven management skills, including staff and team building
- Strong communication skills with a high level of judgement
- Knowledge of Haida governance, laws and cultural values, particularly in relation to the waters and marine environment of Haida Gwaii
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Karen Dean – Human Resources
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. Please apply early to ensure consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com