||PEACE Program Coordinator
||Permanent Part-Time 18.5 hrs/week
||Classification: Children Who Witness Abuse Counsellor
JJEP Paraprofessional Wage Grid
$32.51 to $39.07/hr
||To be determined, minimum spread of 3 days/week
||Reposted 1 April 2021
|Applications Accepted By:
|FAX OR E-MAIL:
(250) 626-4662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: PEACE Program Coordinator position
Attention: Executive Director
2132 Collison Avenue
This program provides individual and/or group counseling for children male or female ages 3 to 18 who have experienced sexual assault, violence or abuse.
|ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides program service needs assessment by questioning client, visual clues, referral from police, caregiver, teacher or other confidential means.
- Counsels and provides emotional support to children who have witnessed domestic abuse, violence and or threats using techniques such as active listening, conflict resolution and psychoeducation.
- Assesses needs and provides support, information and referrals for caregivers by questioning client, visual clues, referral from police, caregiver, teacher or other confidential means.
- Provides counseling for child’s family members individually or in-group using techniques such as active listening, conflict resolution and psycho-education; while providing emotional support.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with other service providers and schools in Masset, Old Masset and Port Clements.
- Develops and delivers relevant public awareness/information sessions
- Develops promotional and educational support materials for the program.
- Assists in the development and implementation of program operating policies and procedures by drafting policies and submitting them to Administration for editing with final approval through the Board of Directors.
- Record keeping and security of statistics and reporting.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director to maintain approved program budget.
- Performs other related duties as required.