Council of the Haida Nation
The CHN Protected Areas Department is looking for a Protected Areas Crew and Administrative Coordinator. We’re a department responsible for conducting and supervising cultural field surveys with relation to Haida Land Values with and for the Haida Nation. We are also responsible for Archaeology and Forest Ecology as it relates to Haida Culture, the Land Use Objectives Order, and Cultural Feature Identification Standards. The Crew and Administrative Coordinator supports the goals and objectives of the Haida Nation.
The Crew and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for keeping an inventory of office and field supplies. Ensuring timesheets and records of hours by project, and costs and schedules are maintained and recorded. Work with the HNRD Administrative Assistant and Finance personnel to prepare accurate invoices for services. Participate in archaeological monitoring and CFI fieldwork as needed. Oversee and verify sign in and sign out of staff and staff equipment (for example, activity logs)
We’re looking for someone who has strong communication skills. We want to hear from you if you:
- Have knowledge of safety procedures for remote location;
- Are knowledgeable in running and maintaining a camp with multiple employees;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with Haida Citizens, supervisor(s), co-workers, other officials, and the public;
- Ability to solve problems and to balance and prioritize competing needs;
- Certified in Wilderness Remote First Aid, ROC-M, MED-A3, SVOP, Bear Awareness, OFA Level 1 with Transportation Endorsement and OH&S Level 1;
- Must have a valid B.C. driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, send your cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY BY April 14 at 4:00pm, however this position may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org