Council of the Haida Nation
The Council of the Haida Nation (CHN) is seeking an experienced forestry or land use professional to fill the role of Solutions Table Member. As part of the CHN Heritage and Natural Resource Department, this position supports the work of the Haida Gwaii Management Council in carrying out the objectives of the Kuunst’aa guu-Kuunst’aayah Reconciliation Protocol.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Solutions Table Member #1 will:
- Provide assistance in the sorting and reviewing of land, water, forestry and mining applications.
- Collect information and conduct analyses to provide recommendations to decision makers in accordance with Haida and provincial processes to streamline the review of applications.
- Understand Haida and provincial legal frameworks in order to make recommendations to decision makers.
- Assist in developing the quarterly and annual written reports for the Solutions Table to the Haida Gwaii Management Council, the Secretariat of the Haida Nation, and the Council of the Haida Nation.
- Develop solutions to resolve environmental stewardship issues in line with Haida law.
- Post-secondary degree in natural resource management or a combination of equivalent education and training.
- Demonstrated technical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data provide recommendations and produce reports to support decision-making.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and digital communication.
- Must have a valid B.C. driver’s license and be able to work in an office environment and outdoors on varied terrain.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Denise Thiessen, SHN Executive Assistant, for a job description.
Denise Thiessen – SHN Executive Assistant
Submit your cover letter and resume to the contact above by April 1 at 4:00pm. However, this posting may remain active until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org