Council of the Haida Nation
Do you want to be a part of rebuilding Haida opportunities to fish along with other coastal nations?
The CHN is looking to appoint one trustee to the Coastal Nations Fisheries Trust and three nominees to the Board of Directors of Coastal Nations Fisheries Inc.
What qualifications do I need to become a Trustee or Director?
- You need to have high ethical standards, wisdom, strong interpersonal skills, and be willing to work collaboratively with others.
- You should have some experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Corporate boards and/or trusts
- Commercial fishing (can include marketing and processing)
- Haida culture, values and governance
- Business operations and/or management
- Investments and/or accounting
- Nominees cannot be currently elected representatives on CHN, SBC or OMVC.
Training and professional expertise will be provided to support the Trustee and Board of Directors.
For further information, please contact Brady Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
Directors and Trustees will spend on average 6-12 hours per month on preparation and attendance for meetings and development sessions. Both the Board of Directors and the Trust are anticipated to meet 4-6 times per year and appointees are expected to serve a 3-5 year term.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee or Director, please submit a short letter of interest and your resume to:
Brady Yu, Director of Policy
p. 250.559.4468 ext 222
The closing date for applications is May 5, 2021 at 12:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com