COUNCIL OF THE HAIDA NATION
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will oversee and manage the finance team and produce financial analysis for the Nation. The Controller will develop and implement streamlined budgeting, payroll and reporting processes. The Controller ensures that senior staff receive thorough and timely financial status reports for planning and budget compliance. They will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief of Staff in all areas relating to Finance.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers timely, accurate financial statements and financial reports
- Assists the CFO in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures
- Prepares comprehensive financial updates by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data
- Provides advice on financial decisions
- Responsible for maintaining adherence to internal controls
- Oversees accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and reporting. Supervises finance staff
- Achieves budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis and corrective actions.
- Maximizes payroll efficiency
- Assists to develop and support short- and long-term operational strategies;
- Delivers approved reconciled trial balances with supporting document each year for annual audits
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, history of financial project management
- Strong foundation in banking processes and financial data analysis
- Working knowledge of tax regulations and compliance reporting
- Experience managing payroll and streamlined accounting processes
- Experience with First Nations
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Willing to relocate to Haida Gwaii
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree in business, accounting or related field
- Experience with Adagio, Paydirt and Microsoft Office
- Professional certification such as CPA or CA
- Five or more years as a senior level accounting or finance manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Open until filled
|Job Category||Full Time|