COUNCIL OF THE HAIDA NATION
Managing Editor, Communications and Culture
The Managing editor report directly to the Communication & Culture Director. The Managing Editor supervises and oversees all aspects of Haida Laas, writing and editing text prior to publication, development of storyboards, planning of publications both physical and digital, and overseeing CHN websites and social media channels, are all the responsibilities of the editor.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises Communications team and makes sure that the Haida Laas is produced at minimum 3 times a year plus special editions as required and other products.
- Oversees the maintenance of haidanation.ca and all social media accounts.
- Leads storyboard development so that all CHN events are covered, delegates assignments, edits copy and manages production and distribution of products.
- Supervises and assist with the production of other CHN publications as required.
- Attends events as required and reports out on them.
- Other related duties
- Keen interest and knowledge in Haida politics.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated capacity to build relationships, teams and strong self-motivation.
- Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to fill requirements.
- Must be willing to attend events as required
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Open until filled
|Job Category||Full Time|