COUNCIL OF THE HAIDA NATION
Resource Management Officer Technician
The Resource Management Officer Technician (RMOT) assist with the management and enforcement of fisheries resources in Haida Gwaii. The RMOT will monitor and report on harvesting activities, monitor habitat for negative impacts by human activity or natural events, and report and engage with communities, authorities or regulatory agencies as required. The RMOT will receive training to participate in relevant duties and responsibilities.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support to ensure monitoring of razor clam stock, including creel and assessment surveys, collection of bio toxin samples, and interviews of harvesters;
- Assist in a variety of juvenile and adult salmonid population assessment studies and brood stock collection, working with field crews to gather data;
- Monitor and patrol marine and fish habitat and report negative impacts;
- Reporting to or engaging with members of communities on Haida Gwaii;
- Be engaged in educating community members on fisheries locations, openings and closures, harvest limits, health and safety considerations, and other issues related to the conduct of a fishery or use of related habitat;
- Work with staff, committees and elected officials as assigned;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including successful experience working collaboratively with individuals and groups in a multidisciplinary setting;
- Strong multitasking and coordination skills, with attention to detail;
- Experience working with First Nations and knowledge of First Nations communities and culture;
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Open until Filled
|Job Category||Full Time|