Solutions Table Member
COUNCIL OF THE HAIDA NATION
Solutions Table Member
Reporting to The HNRD Manager, The Solutions Table Member, working collaboratively with department staff, performs a technical review of all materials necessary to analyze applications through the Solutions Table. The review determines compliance with the Haida Gwaii Land Use Order objectives and other agreements, along with CHN goals and objectives.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Attend weekly Solutions Table meetings (or as required) on behalf of the Nation and within direction provided, ensure that the processing of applications is performed in compliance with the LUOO/EBM and CHN goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the Solutions table team, to determine that all material, documents and data is available to inform decisions at the table.
- Ensure professional, timely and effective communication to the staff team, the Province of British Columbia, outside agencies, applicants and the public
- Act as point of contact in relation to solutions table business at meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences and community meetings/events, as assigned.
- Assist with quarterly and annual written reports for the Solutions Table to the Haida Gwaii Management Council, the SHN and the Council of the Haida Nation.
- Work with staff, committees and elected officials as assigned.
- Develop and prepare materials, reports, presentations and other materials related to Solutions table business for a range of audiences
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills including successful experience working collaboratively with individuals and groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Excellent advocacy skills with an emphasis on reaching agreements.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with First Nations and knowledge of First Nations communities and culture will be an asset
- Some post- secondary training is an asset, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience working with Haida or other First Nations in natural resources
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
How to apply:
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications:
Open until filled